Your bi-annual EQEmu update

91.3% uncensored free-for-all (see, no false advertising here)
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Your bi-annual EQEmu update

Post by Iloll the Bard »

I'm tossing this out here for anyone interested in some good ol' EQ PVP action.

I've set up a another EQEmu PVP server with discord-type rules:
  • Fast leveling - Max level 50 (about an hour to max out)
  • Small world - about 9 zones, fun zones like Warsliks's Wood and Rivervale :P
  • You receive a full set of starting equipment and weapons
  • Guild-based PVP: Players can freely create and manage their own guilds
  • Killing a player who is no more than 10 levels below you resets the other player back to level 1 and you can loot everything from their corpse
  • Killing someone more than 10 levels below you doesn't reset the other player and you can only loot 1 item
  • I've implemented a few neat (well, I think they're neat...) systems such as the mercy system (If you reset someone, you can restore some or all of their levels if you want) and the honor system (encourages fair PVP in a number of ways)
  • Gear maxes out around Kunark / Velious. I basically took every item that wasn't too powerful and created randomized, scaled loot tables, so loot is very random. There are a lot of old school items like manastones, j-boots, and guise of the deceiver, but they're pretty rare. We have about 20k items that drop total, I think.
  • Quests for epic 1.0 and some velious armor sets
That's a jumbled description, but you can read more about it here if you're interested.

It's fast-paced and chaotic at times, but it's pretty fun if you like PVP. It's still being developed and refined, so things will change, but the basic premise is high-risk PVP.

I'm the only person working on it right now, so I'm also looking for some help with development (content creation, quest writing, coding, etc...) and administration (in-game testing, catching macroquesters...), so let me know if you're interested. I'm only a moderate fan EQ PVP, but it's a lot of fun to develop.

Anyway, as always with EQEmu, you'll need a copy of EQTitanium to play; I can help you find a copy if you'd like.

http://www.cohpvp.net

Peace,
Ddrak
Save a Koala, deport an Australian

Re: Your bi-annual EQEmu update

Post by Ddrak »

Damn - that's some dedication, Iloll!

Dd
Select
VP: Rsak Fan Club

Post by Select »

Speaking of EQEmu. Either the EQEmu forums reset all passwords or someone really wants to play as either of my names. :lol: I got e-mails today saying my password was reset as requested. Who requested? o_O I haven't been to those forums in years.
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

I'd quote it from their site, but it seems to be down right now.

Apparently someone hacked their forums and planted some type of javascript that was logging passwords before they were encrypted whenever a user logged in. They said if you've logged in during the past two months, they've probably got your password so they reset everything and are encouraging people to change their passwords for any other services if they used the same password.

Just another reason I separate my business and play passwords. :?

Edit: here it is:
Recently a group of people gained access to an Administrator's account on the EQEmu forums, and edited the site templates to include a javascript entry which submitted all logins to a remote web server. As soon as we found out about this we locked the forums and removed the script.

Unfortunately, the hackers have the username and password of Every user who has logged in to the forums in the last 2 months. Yes, the passwords are encrypted in our database, but the javascript was executed as the passwords were typed into the login field, and before they were encrypted on the server. This means they get a cleartext version of the password, non-encrypted.

As as result, we have reset everyone's password on the boards and sent the new one to the email address on the account. I suggest that everyone get their new password and then change it to something you haven't used before. If your password was the same for your login accounts, I would change those too (Hell, change them anyways even if they weren't the same).

I apologize for the inconvenience this has and will cause, unfortunately we live in a world full of assholes that like to do this kind of shit.
Fallakin Kuvari
Rabid-Boy

Post by Fallakin Kuvari »

If only it were mac compatible...

I really should get around to installing that XP partition.
Warlord Fallakin Kuvari - 85 Wood Elf Warrior, Brell Serilis forever.
Grandmaster Nikallaf Kuvari - 70 Iksar Monk.
Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Xican »

You still play SoD at all, Iloll? You should, Aeternus is doing great these days. They're just getting into Tier 8 now, took down clockwork a few times.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

I log on every now and then to say Hi, but I haven't played in a long while. I didn't know you played SoD - you're not in Aeternus, are you? :shock:
Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious »

Iloll the Bard wrote:I log on every now and then to say Hi, but I haven't played in a long while. I didn't know you played SoD - you're not in Aeternus, are you? :shock:
No, he's in <Bane>

You should get back into SoD Iloll, or at least give me the account info on your wizzie there.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

I've been thinking about starting up SoD again actually. I just get bored at 65 grinding AAs. I need more alts.

We should make some nubs and tear it up, Tax.
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

Man, that reminds me. Me and two other friends used to each box 2 mages for a full group. We were unstoppable... until they nerfed it so only 3 of any class could engage the same mob. We didn't even need equipment - just 3x earth pets, and 3x fire. I miss those days. :cry:
Taxious
Rum Guzzler

Post by Taxious »

Iloll the Bard wrote:Man, that reminds me. Me and two other friends used to each box 2 mages for a full group. We were unstoppable... until they nerfed it so only 3 of any class could engage the same mob. We didn't even need equipment - just 3x earth pets, and 3x fire. I miss those days. :cry:
Why not 6 air pets?? I'm regretting making a mage more and more on SoD. They have nerfed the class so much from live, and it's stupid pretending we do damage compared to a wizzie.
Iloll the Bard wrote:We should make some nubs and tear it up, Tax.
Hell yeah. I have a level 30 war and enc that I work on a little if you want to catch up to that. Otherwise, we could just start from level 1. I'd probably do monk and cleric or something.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

Taxious wrote:Why not 6 air pets?? I'm regretting making a mage more and more on SoD. They have nerfed the class so much from live, and it's stupid pretending we do damage compared to a wizzie.
3 earth pets would keep most mobs perma-rooted even while we chain nuked them. Fire pets have higher DPS :P Air pets are ok... We'd use them if we were fighting a lot of casters. 6 air pets with stun procs = mobs can't cast anything. I have a 65 mage and a 65 wiz; the mage pwns my wizard's DPS but he's much better geared and has his relics. Every now and then Azeron will score a self-redeeming primal blast for like 14k if I'm lucky. Rawrwrwr.
Taxious wrote:Hell yeah. I have a level 30 war and enc that I work on a little if you want to catch up to that. Otherwise, we could just start from level 1. I'd probably do monk and cleric or something.
I have a 12ish war/clr and a 20ish necro. The necro is probably worthless for a group - he's my solo char. If you've already got a 30 war, there's not much of a point in me leveling my warrior up.

I'd be willing to make a new char if you want to; we should find some more people and fill up a group. I'm not sure what I'd play if we did - maybe a rogue + shm.
Xican
Grand Inspector Inquisitor Commander

Post by Xican »

Eh, I'd offer to jump in on the noob making, but I just don't have the time right now. As is, I've been missing a lot of raids lately and the guild is getting pissed because I don't think I've gained any AA's in the last month or so and its becoming an issue, so my minimal play time is devoted toward getting Xic AA's or my 38k charm.

Let me know once you guys get around level 20 if you need a cleric, I can always box him in the background.
"If beer has never touched your lips, you've never dropped the mitts or packed a dip, chances are you're not a hockey player, and if you are -- chances are you're not a very good one"
-Todd Bertuzzi
Iloll the Bard
Mastah Elect of 9

Post by Iloll the Bard »

Yea, well, I talk about this like it's something I'll have time to do right now. This is my last undergrad semester and I'm juggling projects for a few more weeks. Come May, things will be different! :bounce: